Since I have made a commitment to post at least one blog a week, I was unsure of what to write about for this week. Usually it is something I am doing but had felt rushed and busy last week. It was Lydia’s birthday and I wanted to ship a few happy things from home. These pumpkin muffins are something we always made for her birthday. As I was mixing up the batter, I realized that I didn’t have any muffin liners. While quickly cutting these make-do liners from parchment paper, the idea to post a mini-tutorial on the parchment liners came to me. I shared it on Instagram a few years ago but thought it would be nice to show again here. It’s a simple post. It’s a quick post. but maybe it will help someone in a hurry someday too.
Parchment Paper Liners
- Gather your parchment paper, scissors, pencil, ruler, and a jar or can that fits into the bottom of your muffin tin.
- Mark little tick marks every 5″ along 2 edges of the parchment paper.
- Cut parchment into 5″ squares.
- Center the parchment paper over the base of your jar and press down firmly along the edges of the jar running your finger along the base to make a crease.
- Transfer parchment liner to the muffin tin. Place your jar or can in the liner and press again to keep it in place.
- Add batter and bake!
Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
3/4 cup Oil ~ Coconut or Canola
1 cup Pumpkin Puree or 1 small can Pure Pumpkin
1 1/2 cups All-Purpose or Einkorn Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Add the chia seeds to 6 tablespoons of water. Wait 5 minutes and then give it a stir. Let sit a few more minutes until all of the water is absorbed. This is your egg substitute. If you are not vegan, you can use 2 slightly beaten large eggs.
Preheat your oven to 350°.
In a bowl, add the sugar, oil, prepared chia seeds, and pumpkin. Mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients, and walnuts if using, and toss with a fork. Add the mixed dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until smooth. Fill your parchment liner cups 2/3 full and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. This makes one dozen muffins.