How are you cozy at home?
Home life for me is an artistic take on beauty, a place for comfort and creativity.
Full of sunlight during the day,
and warm light and candles at night.
I have tried to designed my space as a haven for my family.
I love adding little details like family photos, my favorite books, plants, art, handmade pieces, and things you use to make them by hand. Lots of different textures too!
Those little details make my heart soar!
When I started writing this post, I first made a list of my favorite cozy things, and then gathered a bunch of pictures of our home to share.
Deep down you know how you want your home to feel. To help create what you are looking for and what is important to you, make a list of your own.
How to be cozy at home and feel cozy at home
- Plants, flowers, and nature, I couldn’t live without them
- Coffee and tea, any hot drink will do!
- Comfort food and desserts
- Knit, sew, bake, draw, read, etc… – do something for yourself every day!
- Special spots for doing that something joyful (see above bullet point)
- Scented candles and low lighting
- Books, old and new!
- Cozy blankets and knit throws
- Thrifted and vintage finds – I love being surrounded by items that have had a past life. Imperfect pieces add more depth to the home
- Music! “Alexa, play jazz music”
- Kitties! and pets
I love having a beautiful space that makes me feel calm, creative, and imaginative.
This gives me the strength to deal with the world on days when things seem scary.
I hope that when someone walks into our home, they feel welcomed and loved.
This comfort place forces me to slow down and remember what is important.
Life is beautiful in its simplest moments, and I hope those moments that we spend here at home linger on.