I am not a vegan, but my daughter is. I know we are all much healthier because of it – except when it comes to baking! I’ve made these muffins 3 times in the last week and there are only 3 of us. (that’s easy math)
Try them, then tell me how much you love them too!!
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Zest from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup coconut milk ~ I use Trader Joe’s canned organic coconut milk. (This must be true coconut milk not coconut drink.)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Juice from the small lemon you zested above, which for me is always around 1 1/4 TBSP’s of juice
- 1 cup blueberries ~ fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, or your kitchen aid, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and salt.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together milk, oil, vanilla and lemon juice. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir just until blended. I do this in my kitchen aid using the “stir” setting for about 10 seconds. Fold in blueberries with a spoon.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer muffins to a cooling rack.
*These freeze very well!